Please read the following carefully. Your acceptance to these terms means that you have read and understand the content of this Memo of Understanding. You acknowledge and agree to adhere to the aforementioned requirements put forth within these terms.
Mid-South Cargo Security Council members are afforded the following benefits:
- Monthly meetings with Industrial Recognized and Respected Speakers
- Meet and Network with other Security Professionals in the Industry
- Access to the Cargo Major Theft Task Force Investigators
- Shared common resources and data to combat Cargo Theft
- Security Vendor Participation
- Reference to other active National Cargo Task Forces
Beside what benefits membership affords it members, confidentiality is imperative concerning privileged information that is shared and discussed with its members. For a member to vote in any election or to have a voice with the MSCSC they must be a member in good standing and have a current membership. There will be only one vote per membership.
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO THE ASSOCIATE (VENDOR) MEMBERSHIP ONLY
Associate (Vendor) Membership Includes:
- Attendance to all general open meetings
- Allowed to invite as many as two industry related guest
- Special consideration may be given for additional guest with prior Council approval
- Access to Board and Task Force members
- Participation in any fund raising event
- Actively participate in special council advisor boards when selected
- An approved vendor allowed to participate and set up an exhibit during special events but must pay for vendor cost associated with the special event (Membership Special Rate consideration may apply)
Mid-South Cargo Security Council Associate (Vendor) Members are responsible for the following roles:
- Promote and Support the growth of the Mid-South Cargo Security Council
- Sponsor a monthly meeting location, meal selection, and speaker
- Presentation is to be educational to the industry
- Vendors can co-sponsor a meeting
- Attendees will reimburse the Council for their meal
- Sponsor guest speakers for major events
Mid-South Cargo Security Council Associate (Vendor) Members will agree and be in compliance to the following rules:
- Will not conduct company business during meetings
- Will be responsible for guest actions
- Will maintain confidentiality for any disclosure deemed proprietary or sensitive in nature information, data, and materials, etc.
- This will serve as a non-disclosure agreement
- Will not be given membership roster
- Will not use the membership for a solicitation platform
- Will be a member in good standing
- Will forfeit membership at the Council’s discretion
- if not in good standing,
- for inappropriate conduct,
- And failure to follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the Mid-South Cargo Security Council.
- Council approval is required for applying for future membership if membership is forfeited.
- If membership is forfeited there will not be any re-imbursement of membership dues